Wednesday, August 26, 2009

My Obsessive Worlds Collide


I love Twilight. I'm a product whore. You can't even begin to imagine the shriek of glee I unleashed on the world when I learned there would be a Twilight/Volturi series of cosmetics. While I am still waiting for those, the fine folks at DuWop were kind enough to release their Lip Venom V (image courtesy of DuWop) a wee bit early to appease the frenzied masses (frenzied mass = me.)

I, of course, had to order immediately and it arrived today! It took me 3.2 seconds to have ripped open the package and followed the directions: "This product should be shaken before use to represent the blending of the human and vampire worlds and applied repeatedly until lips are plumped, revitalized and the desired intensity of color has been reached."

My findings...you need to shake HARD to blend the venom and the stain. This lip venom seems less potent than regular Lip Venom. More minty, less cinnamon, but I didn't really miss the OHDEARGODWHATHAVEIDONETOMYSELFIWANTTOPULLMYLIPSOFF burn. The texture is very slippery for a lip stain, although other lip stains leave my lips too dry, so I liked that part as well. One application wasn't noticeable, two applications left a pretty flushed color, three applications gave me cherry popsicle ring mouth. Two applications it is!

I noticed no plumping with this version, but I've resigned myself to a life of thin lips and never really notice much plumping with the original version.

The packaging, it must be said, is confusing...although I wonder if it's purposely so. It's supposedly Twilight themed, so I'm assuming the "V" is either for vampire or possibly Volturi (?) but the "V" in combination with the glass vial full of crimson fluid smacks of a "True Blood" reference. Just a thing that makes you say "hmm."

If you want to try DuWop's Lip Venom V for yourself, check it out here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts from the peanut gallery...