Thursday, August 27, 2009

Music Is My Salvation

So says the shirt I bought at the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame last weekend. So true. I am rarely separated from my iPod, iTunes or radio. I need to have music around me nearly constantly. My music collection has been referred to by some as "eclectic", "diverse" by others and some just look at me as if to say "WTF?!"

I tend to build playlists of what catches my fancy at the moment and play them in to the ground. They are then retired for the time being. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Here is what I've been digging as of late:

The Bees - Lee Ann Womack
Won't Go Home Without You - Maroon 5
Dear God - Sarah McLachlan
My Way To You - Jamey Johnson
Next In Line - Meese
Vanilla Twilight - Owl City
Cherry Tulips - Headlights
1,2,3,4 (I Love You!) - Plain White T's
26 Miles (Santa Catalina) - Dent May & His Magnificent Ukulele
Waltz - Damion Suomi
Brooklyn - Gary Go
Giving Up On Love - Slow Club

If you think you can make some sort of psychological theory out of this, please keep it to yourself, I'm pretty sure I do NOT want to know.

I do want to know what you're listening to. New, old, no matter. I like knowing what other people find interesting, and have found some of my favorite music through recommendations. So, let 'er rip.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts from the peanut gallery...