Monday, November 16, 2009

11/16/09 Earworms

Everyone else is posting about vampires, so I'd rather post about music. So there. Nyah.

This week in the "try it, you'll like it" bin:

Rogue Wave - "Harmonium"
Heavy on the instrumentals, makes you just want to ride off into the sunset

Serena Ryder - "All For Love"
This song is just begging to be a love theme on one of the CW's lineup

Norah Jones - "Man Of The Hour"
"It's him or me, that's what he said, but I can't choose between a vegan and a pothead. So I chose you because you're sweet and you give me lots of lovin' and you eat meat" Love it. It gets better when you realize what she's really singing about.

A Fine Frenzy - "Electric Twist"
I've said it before, I love a clap along song.

Mutemath - "Lost Year"
I can't get enough of Mutemath's latest cd, "Armistice". I think I've earwormed nearly every track so far.

Cross Canadian Ragweed - "My Chances"
More acoustic and melodic than I'm used to out of CCR, almost a Billy Joel feel to it, but it works

The Epilogues - "Hurting You"
If you like Meese and Mutemath, you're just about guaranteed to like The Epilogues. I can't believe these guys are unsigned.

Blur - "Tender"
The "13" cd was recently resurrected on my iPod, I forgot how much I adore this song, all 7+ minutes of it


"Oh Crap" Addendum: So I realized I had actually started another list before this one. So I might as well tack it on here. Because where one is good, twenty seven is always better

Tesla - "Love Song"
"Five Man Acoustical Jam" always brings me back to my rocker girl days. I want to put on my thigh high boots and leggings and flick a lighter.

Will Hoge - "Even If It Breaks Your Heart"
Which is exactly what this song does, breaks my heart "Keep on dreaming even if it breaks your heart"

Jon McLaughlin - "Beautiful Disaster"
I've had this promo cd sitting around forever and finally ripped it in to my iTunes on a whim and I adore this song "she would trade anything for happy ever after"

Passion Pit - "Moth's Wings"
Just discovering Passion Pit, I love the very distintive vocals and BIG production on this song. Another movie-like song. I have more imaginary soundtracks than most movie houses.

ABBA - "The Winner Takes It All"
This song caught me in a sentimental moment. I love ABBA. Don't judge.

Allie Moss - Corner
Soft vocals, reminiscent of A Fine Frenzy. Pretty song and sometimes I just like a pretty song.

The All American Rejects - "I Wanna"
It might not make me cool, but The All American Rejects make damn catchy pop rock songs

Adele - "That's It, I Quit, I'm Moving On"
Adele is perfectly suited for covering a blues track, and done acoustically like this, it's perfection


Ok, that's it. For now. Maybe. Who knows.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts from the peanut gallery...