Tuesday, February 9, 2010

I Bet You Think This Song Is About You

Actually, I WISH these songs were about me.


Jon McLaughlin - "Perfect"
Something about this song turns me uncharacteristically ooey gooey lovey dovey. Perhaps it's the line "And in this life if I could have one thing I don't deserve, then I have never wanted anybody else but her." Maybe it's just that I want someone to think I'm perfect. More than likely the latter.

Mika - "Blue Eyes"
How many times can a blue eyed blonde be subjected to "Brown Eyed Girl" before she throws a stabby jealous tantrum? Thanks to this song, the world may never know.

New Kids On The Block - "I'll Be Loving You (Forever)"
I have wanted this song to be about me since I was 13 years old. The desire is hardwired into my psyche as evidenced by the fact that after all these years I still remember "Forever" is parenthesized. To be quite honest, if I had any proof this song WAS about me, I'd put it on my resume.

P.S. Donnie I love you!

Parachute - "She (For Liz)"
People. My name is already in the song. The fact that I've never met anyone in the band Parachute means NOTHING. It could happen.

Eric Clapton - "Wonderful Tonight"
Lots of people have had songs of everlasting love written about them but how many people looked so SMOKING HOT one night that they had an iconic song written about it? This girl wants it. She wants it bad.

Jeff Buckley - "Everybody Here Wants You"
One of the sexiest songs ever written. Someone wrapping around you, whispering in your ear that everyone in the room wants you. Incredibly hot. At least until you stop and think how many people have done it to your song and then it starts to get a little creepy but STILL.

Van Morrison - "Into The Mystic"
I have NO IDEA what this song is actually about, I just think it would be really cool to be the inspiration behind it. Well...me and marijuana. Clearly.

Ray LaMontagne - any song he's ever done
I'm serious. Love song, break up song, songs about cigarettes...I don't care! I'm totally open, because Ray, even though your beard scares me more than a little bit, one song and I'm yours.


There you go kids...get to writing...you know where to find me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts from the peanut gallery...